Wednesday, October 8, 2014

RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Roasted Peppers and Tomatoes



My neighbors are lovely people.  They grew this beautiful vegetable garden in their back yard and they had SO many tomatoes and peppers, they gave us their extras.  This has resulted in a HUGE amount of FREE produce in our home - which is WONDERFUL.  

However - I am a little overwhelmed and need to figure out what to DO with them all. I don't want all this delicious food to go to waste.

So, my friend Google lead me to a wonderful recipe online to help me use up my cherry tomatoes and peppers.  This was simply delicious and super easy.  It was also really colorful and I found myself incredibly drawn to eating more.   It's also a lovely clean eating recipe.  




INGREDIENTS:
Original recipe makes 6 servings





- 1 green bell pepper - halved
- 1 red bell pepper - halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper - halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 8 cloves of garlic - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon herb vinegar (or balsamic vinegar) to taste

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil flavored cooking spray.
  2. Place the bell pepper halves open side up in the prepared baking dish. In a medium bowl, toss together the cherry tomatoes, basil and garlic. Fill each pepper half with a handful of this mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove the aluminum foil, and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with herb vinegar. These are equally good served hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment