Wednesday, June 4, 2014

RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Clean Eating Tacos!

I love Mexican food!  It is practically a "go-to" for Johnny and me one night per week.  He loves to eat the actual crispy flour tortillas while I go for the lettuce wrap.  So this is a win-win recipe!  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.  Super easy to make and fast!


Clean Eating Tacos!
4 servings
1 TBSP chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp corn starch
1 lb ground Turkey
Lettuce leaves
Salsa (optional)
Low fat sour cream (optional)
Low fat cheddar cheese (optional)

Brown Turkey in skillet. Add 2/3 cup water- add more as needed by the tbsp
Add spice mixture (about 3 TBSP of mixture per pound) and let thicken into meat.

Serve the meat wrapped up in large lettuce leaf topped with desired optional toppings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment