Thursday, February 27, 2014

SHAKEOLOGY: If You Are Going to Compare, Dig DEEPER than Cost,Calories, and Carbs!

I loved reading this post from Lindsay Mataway a few weeks ago, it is SO TRUE!!!  Check it out:
*************

Look, I am no health nut, but I have made some changes in my life that now help me to lead a healthy LIFESTYLE and I make it a point to SHARE those things with others!

One thing I have learned is that MARKETING COMPANIES aren't stupid and they understand out WE, THE CONSUMER, work!!!  They know that most people trying to be health conscious will flip over their product and take a quick glance at 3-4 things: calories, carbs, protein and of course... COST. 

I am sure you've seen the advertisements on most products:  LOW CAL, LOW-CARB, RICH in PROTEIN and LOW COST.  They do whatever it takes to make their products sell so that YOU buy it.  What that USUALLY means folks is that they have to ADD artificial sweeteners like SUCRALOSE for taste and that "SUGAR-FREE" label (which by the way has been PROVEN to make you gain weight by stimulating your appetite, increasing cravings and stimulating FAT storage) and/or SUBTRACT the actual NUTRITIONAL VALUE - just so that they can keep COSTS down and make a profit off of YOU.

But here is the kicker:  your body NEEDS REAL NUTRIENTS - vitamins, minerals, amino acids, phytonutrients, etc - to function as the well-oiled machine it was designed to be.  And while LOW-CAL make keep you SKINNY... it most definitely, alone, is not going to be what keeps you HEALTHY.

I am not just talking "healthy" as in you won't get Type 2 Diabetes or Cancer.  I know that the girls in my demographic aren't all that worried about that right now.  But let me ask you this:

- Do you wake up feeling RESTED?
- Do you have SUSTAINED ENERGY throughout the day WITHOUT coffee or Red Bull?
- Do you have a CLEAR FOCUS while at work?
- Are you constantly battling CRAVINGS?
- Do you tend to get SICK often?
- And are you REGULAR? (You know what I mean!)

ALL of these things are linked to your HEALTH and WELLBEING and the kinds of NUTRITIONAL choices you are making.

So yes - I believe in SHAKEOLOGY.  I've been drinking it EVERY DAY for the last 2 months.  And, YES, I'm aware there are lower cost, lower cal, lower carb options out there.  But WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER, YOU DO BETTER!!!!

Dig a little deeper and I think you'll see that you ALWAYS get what you PAY for!

Look at the FACTS and decide for yourself:  Shakeology Information




No comments:

Post a Comment