Saturday, February 1, 2014

STATurdays: My Journey With T25 & Shakeology


2014 has been a different year for me than any other.  The reason?  Instead of making a typical "New Year's Resolution", I decided to make a promise. 
A promise to myself

Why a promise vs. resolution you may ask?  Well - a promise means much more to me and I don't break or make promises I can't keep.  Which leads me to my personal promise for this year and the rest of my life: 

"I promise to lose weight, get back to my healthy & fit self, and help others on their journey to live a healthy and active lifestyle.  Because I said I would."
 

Monday, December 30, 2013 marks the day that I decided to get started on my promiseStarting at 165 lbs (the heaviest I've ever been in my entire life) I wanted to get a head start before the New Year.  I started to do the Beach Body work out program T25.  When I did the first week - it was hard - I was sweating so much by doing just 25 minutes a day.  It was intense.  I remember thinking - this is going to be hard, but it's going to be SO worth it!  KEEP YOUR PROMISE!

So the following week - when I started week 2 of T25 I decided to join a challenge group via Facebook and get a Beach Body Coach.  My sister, Emily, had introduced me to this wonderful Beach Body Coach named, Lisa.  She got me really excited about the Challenge Group and created a space where she, along with the others participating in the challenge, would be holding me accountable and supporting me.  Part of the challenge was to do a Beach Body workout program (T25 for me!), buy a 30 day supply of Shakeology, and also eat CLEAN and 5 mini meals a day.  I also had to share my measurements and take a photo.  Keep in mind that by this point, I already had 1 week of T25 under my belt and had already lost 1.2 pounds (!!!):

DAY 1 OF CHALLENGE GROUP

 

My Stats:  163.8 lbs
Waist: 37.6 inches
Hips: 40 inches
Chest: 37.5 inches
Right Arm: 13.2 inches
Left Arm: 13 inches
Right Thigh: 25.5 inches
Left Thigh: 25.8 inches
Body Fat %: 37.6%

After seeing the photo above for the first time, I started to cry.  I didn't realize that I had let myself get to that point.  I didn't realize that I was eating more than I needed because I wasn't being fulfilled in other aspects of my life, or I was stressed, or I was BORED and just wanted something to do in front of the TV.  I WILL NEVER be at that point EVER AGAIN.  No more excuses, no more eating when I'M NOT EVEN HUNGRY.  No more.   

The meal plan was super simple to follow and pretty flexible.  I found that by eating smaller meals throughout the day, I was never hungry and my sugar levels stayed consistent all day long.  I also stopped drinking Diet Coke. 

14 days later - I had to submit my STATs and another photo.  Between the meal plans, Shakeology, the Facebook Challenge Group, my beach body coach, and the T25 work outs - it was awesome to see that my body was changing! 

 
And here are my full stats from the Team Beach Body page after 14 days so that you can see the comparison (below)  

 



As you can see - I LOST another 2.8 pounds (yay!), 2 inches around my waist, thighs, and my arms shrunk down 1 inch.  CRAZY that this can happen with only 25 MINUTES A DAY and eating right!    
 
So where am I at now?  Well - I have now completed 5 weeks of T25-ALPHA and 26 days of the Challenge Group Meal Plan and drinking Shakeology.  Starting Monday, February 3 - I begin T25 BETA and I am really excited.  It is going to be harder, but I know that the hard work will truly pay off! 

Stay tuned for NEXT STATurday, when I post my 30 day challenge group stats and new photo!  I’ll also let you know how I do with week 1 of T25 BETA.  Stay Healthy & Happy my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment